Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkie View Post
    I will have to think up some questions...
    Well, no. You are more in a position to tell us a thing or two. Just stories from your life as a jeweller, unusual venues, awkward customers, almost anything would be fine.

I do have one little story... A while back I was commissioned to make a very specific geometric pendant (unlike me I know, but the lady in question charmed me at a craft fair)
    She drew out what she wanted and gave me a beautiful and large aquamarine that belonged to her father to set in the pendant.

Commission done and happy customer.

A couple of years later I saw her at another craft fair I said Hello and How are you and are you still happy with the pendant?
    She went a bit sheepish.

Then she told me that although it had brought her good luck at the start, a relationship went bad and the pendant just reminded her of that, so on a trip East...

She buried it in the Sahara Desert!!

All I could think was of that beautiful aquamarine languishing in the sand for centuries to come!

Very sad, but if it has your hallmark, it might find its way back to you one day.

Perhaps If I post an old story of mine too, it might encourage others to join in:

A Birthday Badge.
    The invitation said: You are invited to Ruth’s 60th birthday party.
    Some brought flowers, some brought wine, but I spent time to make this badge, thinking it would be fun for her to wear during the party.
    However when I arrived, she took one look at it, glared at me and said: I don’t want to be reminded of my age.
    This happened a long time ago, when I still recorded my work on a photocopier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Birthday Badge cr..jpg  

Aw noo! I see her point but a little appreciation of your thought and all that work would have been polite at least!