Hi, I would like to know where you sell your stuff for that sort of money. We exhibit ours at local craft fairs and as a rule people look at the prices first and say its lovely but I cant afford that price, and we are talking about £60 or less for a ring similar to Dennis's. Perhaps we just live in a poor part of the country, but I have had people jib at paying £50 for a chainmaille bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by lilia View Post
Nice ring, Dennis. I like the gemstone, is it chrome diopside or tsavorite garnet? beautiful colour. I agree about the pricing, however I would still put it up for sale to whatever it came to (I have silver rings for £300 and they sell :-) ), as I found there are people who would rather pay your price and know it is hand-made and well made, rather than pay £20 and know it is mass produced.

I had a similar situation last week, where I made a silver ring with an iolite, it took me all day (I started at 10am and finished at about 4.30pm); so I kept it for myself, as there wouldn't be any people paying £450 for a silver ring (it is made with a 1.5mm shank and fancy setting - that's the setting, on which I spent hours) . I was thinking of casting some of the components to shorten the manufacturing time, but as I only cast once, I wasn't sure I would be able to do that