Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Venting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Really lol?? My kids wouldn't bother attempting it - unless they fancied extra maths homework every night for a week
    trust me, I have met some dreadful little mites in my time working in schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Have you got a 13 year old daughter Lucie? Sounds like Liz has!

I'm putting it all down to experience, though I am a bit worried that she may turn up at the studio in the next few days. I'm keeping the gate well and truly locked! I'm not offering to make another as I don't think she'd be happy with anything I did.
    nope nearly 20 and 24. They have both had their moments but we have never had to deal with foot-stomping adolescent demands.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post

As an aside - I thought Paramore were a shouty Christian rock band? What've they got to do with glittery angsty vampires (and to be honest, that idea was overdone by the time Anne Rice did it)?
    I noticed from one of the links they did the soundtrack or something to the twilight films. I thus made huge and probably unsubstantiated jumps

Chris, out of curiosity, how far have you gone or would you go to make someone happy? I really think Carole did as much as was fair. She made two pendants and has offered a refund because they still weren't happy. Were she to go further, I suspect that she would not get any kind of positive feedback. Seriously, there is just no pleasing some people.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post

Chris, out of curiosity, how far have you gone or would you go to make someone happy? I really think Carole did as much as was fair. She made two pendants and has offered a refund because they still weren't happy. Were she to go further, I suspect that she would not get any kind of positive feedback. Seriously, there is just no pleasing some people.
    Carole done a grand job but it wasn't right because of lack of verification on both occasions..
    That's not to say the customer will never be satisfied.

I make damn sure I know & the customer understands (even to the point of explaining techniques sometimes) what's being done & what it'll look like..I don't get problems then & have a 100% satisfaction rate for that over the past 25 yrs.
    In the event of discrepancy, a little explanation solves the why.

Don't think I can add more to this thread anymore, but I think this attitude of not being able to please some people is just not true & is abit lame.
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 31-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.

I may be making a wild assumption here Chris - is it accurate to say that the majority of your customers are professionals, so trade rather than retail?

A sweeping generalisation on my part is that the former generally respond well to being kept informed and recognise that sometimes compromises need to be reached.
    Usually, not always.

Maybe it is the difference between working with fellow professionals as (I guess) you do, Chris, and working face to face with the buying public. I've only had one unfortunate incident which I suspect basically derived from me being unwilling to do a 50% reduction on something. I did all I could to put right and appease to the point of offering a refund and they could keep the item (because they did not want me to remake it) to no avail. I don't think this person is scamming Carole, but I do think she is probably a bit of a drama queen and gets off on the aggro. There are a surprisingly large number of people (at least from observations locally) who behave this way.

ETA: this is what happens when I take so long to reply, someone else makes the point first

At the moment most are trade, or at least kind of knowledgeable...but I've also done a lot in the past few years via website for the public..but I find it too time consuming especially with some translation if in Finnish, so I don't advertise for that but get a few requests from old customers friends.
    Some are abit of a pain but I can generally weed them out quite quickly with a price , otherwise you need to make sure you both understand what's happening.

I think I already have gone the extra mile Chris. As I said, she wouldn't be happy with anything I did. I cannot and will not do business with someone who issues threats to me. When I came off the phone after speaking to her, I was feeling sick and shaking. As there was a tight deadline, I had no choice but to pierce out her wretched piece whilst still shaking.

Fair enough.

Good grief Carole, I would have simply refunded her then and there,. You should never accept unpleasantness
    People treat you the way you let them is a bit of a cliché but it is totally true
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I'am actually puzzled as to how I would make a replica of this.

Is it solid, and would you cast it? I don't fancy my chances of piercing it neatly from thick sheet, or getting the rounded junctions from square tube or wire.

Any suggestions? Also there must be a teenage craze for this logo, or why would a 13 year old want it so desperately?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'am actually puzzled as to how I would make a replica of this.

Is it solid, and would you cast it? I don't fancy my chances of piercing it neatly from thick sheet, or getting the rounded junctions from square tube or wire.

Any suggestions? Also there must be a teenage craze for this logo, or why would a 13 year old want it so desperately?
    I thought it was just me Dennis. From the original picture it looked quite different but the most recent makes it look much more chunky.
    I don't have teenage girls so not sure why it's popular as I thought 13 year olds would be more into pretty, shows you what I know! I think I must be getting old