Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Ring - In progress

Quote Originally Posted by Filament View Post
    Fighting on my post? Make your own post if you all want to argue, don't hijack mine.
    Ah, I'm sorry that things turned out like that. I guess that the challenge of your complicated soldering conundrum fired some artistic temperaments!! Maybe it's part of the territory
    Maybe we need a new category on the forum called 'Fight Club'. When things start getting heated on a thread the moderator can step in with the message 'this section of the thread has been moved to the Fight Club'........just a thought......

I thought when I logged in this morning that I had 3 pages of feedback for my piece. Oh well.
    Your piece is amazing
    J x

Well, I'd like to unhijack your thread and tell you that I think your ring looks fabulous, I love the design, can't wait to see the finished article! How big is it, I was thinking it was huuuge, but I always think jewellery is bigger than it actually is from photos..
    Lucinda

Okay guys I have gone through and deleted everything that didn't add to the usefulness of this thread. I haven't erred on one side or the other, if your post was part of the 'frank discussion' it has now gone.

I didn't want to stop the thread in its entirety because there is such useful information within it.

I have not pm'd the relevant posters - I see no need.

As you were.

Di

Well I missed the 'frank' discussion! Maybe that's for the best!
    But I just want to say that the ring is looking amazing and i'm really enjoying seeing it develop

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraBuckle View Post
    Well I missed the 'frank' discussion! Maybe that's for the best!
    But I just want to say that the ring is looking amazing and i'm really enjoying seeing it develop
    I think so, the ring is much more fun
    Lucinda

Sorry Filament

I think your ring looks amazing, and love the way you have taken photos at each process very interesting to watch it emerge, one question though how do you stop the secret compartment coming out does it twist and lock or are you going to put a catch of some sort on it?

Filament, I love your ring. But why's it called a chaos ring? Or have I had another blind moment and missed that bit too?

LOVE IT! Its gorgeous, I have enjoyed reading this thread from start to finish, I got TOTALLY confused in the middle though Love that you've shown it in stages, looks very intricate and well made

Coco: have a look here - Symbol of Chaos. Michael Moorcock came up with it as the symbol for Chaos in the Eternal Champion books and it's been rather widely adopted

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    one question though how do you stop the secret compartment coming out does it twist and lock or are you going to put a catch of some sort on it?
    I wanted to put a screw thread on it but it was too difficult for me. I thought about a catch but it would be in the way, because the outer ring freely spins around the inner shaft. So I have opted for a friction fitting. It is a nice tight fit and takes some pulling to remove it, so it is very secure. Wasn't sure wether a friction setting would work, but I tried it and I am very happy with it.