Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heyaa!

A question for you - why have you listed your location as Birmingham, when it is quite clear you are not there? Instead, you appear to be using a VPN to obfuscate your IP address.
    Also interesting to note that your avatar is a picture of Hayley Williams; while the forum rules don't prohibit it, it's a frequent tactic used by spammers.

I'd greatly appreciate you showing us what jewellery you make so that my suspicions can be allayed.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 07-08-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    A question for you - why have you listed your location as Birmingham, when it is quite clear you are not there? Instead, you appear to be using a VPN to obfuscate your IP address.
    Also interesting to note that your avatar is a picture of Hayley Williams; while the forum rules don't prohibit it, it's a frequent tactic used by spammers.

I'd greatly appreciate you showing us what jewellery you make so that my suspicions can be allayed.
    I noticed there was also a Skype link that I'd never noticed on a post before, is that a new thing?

Nah, not new AFAIK - if you put a Skype address in your profile it'll display it as an option on posts.

I get some very nice emails from Amazon.com which start with Hello dear. I don't think anyone has called me Dear since my Mum died 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Nah, not new AFAIK - if you put a Skype address in your profile it'll display it as an option on posts.
    What does this mean..when you say " it'll display as an option on posts" because i am not active on skype.

It's because you have put details in for both Yahoo and Skype in your profile.

Still not answering what's been put to you, I note.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but what is the point in spamming a jewellery making forum?

SEO sometimes; sometimes more blatant attempts to advertise mass-produced stuff.

Given my tending-towards-zero tolerance approach to spammers, there's not much point here (but they still try). There's usually some red flags get raised; a few and I'll ask. Too many and I'll delete them. Here, I've got 5 to work with - no obvious jewellery content, use of VPN to mask location, use of a famous person/model as avatar, zero-content posts ("me too" style of thing) and some of the language used. None of these bode well.

I'm impresse that you knew who the photo was of Peter, I've never heard of Hayley Williams!

Google image search