Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supportive Families....

No Jo, you're just fine. Our feelings about those we love are often all over the place. As my dad used to say, its a very fine line between love and hate and its a line I cross regularly. I just want you to take from this the fact that, if you persevere with something that is basically sound (as I'm sure your relationship is) it gets better. Honest, its true what the oldies always used to tell me - relationships need to be worked at. Sometimes you just don't want to bother but it does get better. Honest.
    Di x

thanks guys you are all lovely (sniff sniff)xx

What a fantastically hijacked thread!

I'm also very lucky with my OH. He's coped with my quite serious illnesses, and losing a huge chunk of our pension fund through fraud. He was made redundant not that long ago, and doesn't have great prospects of finding anything now, but we're also determined to get through it (as we have done in the past) without resorting to an already abused and overcrowded system.

Jason - you have every right to be incredibly proud of your family.

Di - big up the strong women (and their menfolk )

Whenever I feel sorry for myself, I read things like this thread and feel like a self centred idiot!

I've been pretty lucky, most friends and family are constantly keeping on for me to start selling my jewellery again. My ex husband was annoyed by it for some reason although keen when he thought it would make us some cash, lol, but my OH now is really supportive, giving me a room just for me to work in when I move to his!
    Lucinda

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    My hubby has been so supportive - theoretically!! He hasn't got the slightest clue about what I am up to and hasn't an artistic cell in his body - so he is not too good in the quality control or feedback line - but I know he would if he could...as it is he just looks puzzled!!
    Sounds like mine too!!

Yes we have got my redundancy money which should pay the mortgage for a couple of years, but he WANTS me to 'play' and make a go of it even if I don't make money from it. He really is a gem too.

Looks like we're quite a lucky bunch with supportive friends and family

I feel blessed that I have a supportive OH. He's been through hell with my ill-health which resulted in my early retirement at 45 from a well paid job and the subsequent drop in income. However, he supports and encourages me in doing something I love and would rather have me broke-but-incredibly happy than ill-and-working in an office.

Mind you, one of my nickname's is Del-boy by OH and son - ok, ok, so I work at a market in south London 2 days a week....but not a suitcase in sight
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

My DH is very long-suffering. He always supports me by coming to craft fairs to help set up etc. He sometimes gets his head bitten off when I'm stressed, but is always understanding. Only problem is he wants to be a bit too hands on sometimes and help make the jewellery but can be a bit slap-dash. I usually have to re-do everything when he's gone. I do appreciate him most of the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by kymbi View Post

Mind you, one of my nickname's is Del-boy by OH and son - ok, ok, so I work at a market in south London 2 days a week....but not a suitcase in sight
    Now, about that SatNav you sold me...
    Di x

Husband's helping make things {{{{{ shudder }}}}}.

He's a total sweetheart helping me in many ways - he posted my orders out in his lunch hour today, comes to all fairs with me, has helped make display materials etc. - but getting his pinkies on the metal (or worse, my tools) would be a stage too far. I've seen his DIY.

lmao oh bless him i think thats rather lovely!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away