Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas and equipment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good to hear you’re up and running … have fun with it … Nick

The only thing I would say is that the handset is a bit heavier than I am used to, the Bullfinch one is quite a lot lighter, but apart from that it works well.
    Just booked on a refresher course at Exeter College only a nine week, one evening a week job, but it gets me out meeting people that are interested in doing the same thing.

When you say caught fire … that sounds like a leak. I have lots of connections on one bottle so whenever I change something I use a commercial gas leak detection spray called LD-90 great stuff, easy and convenient to use regularly. Maybe that was your problem with the hose failure valve bottle connector. Once you have your torch up and running properly with a bit of practice you’ll soon know which burner suits a particular size of job. Being quick and easy to change having a few different size burner options is a great advantage.
    I would still tentatively suggest your torch would run best on the hose failure valve that it came with. This is the set up I have with 4 interchangeable burners from the small pin flame burner that is adjustable from a tiny flame to a 6 inch fierce flame. The largest burner I have that connects to this setup is a 2941p that consumes 600 g/h. I use it for annealing large pieces of copper. Here’s hoping you get it sorted … N