Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copy Smith little torch

I ended up buying the Real Smith Little Torch, it may of cost me a lot more than the counterfeit torch, but it is made very well thanks again for the advice.

I Received my new Smith little torch and the build quality is very good, i previously ordered one of the copy torch's, i also received that, at a quick glance it looks very good, at closer inspection the build quality is very poor.
    a definite thing to be concerned about is the gas valves, The gas valves are tight, they feel like something someone has tried to repair by using an o ring that is a bit to thick, in time im sure it will quickly wear resulting in a gas leek.
    I connected the torch up and ignited it from curiosity, it ignites easily and does what its meant to do as a torch, but due to poor build quality i hate to think how long it will last until it becomes dangerous.
    The best thing to do with these copy torch's, even if you cant afford a lot is to avoid them, this one is going in the bin, save your money and buy a real Smith little torch, the real Smith torch may seem expensive, that's because they are a quality tool and they are worth every penny.

I bought a similar torch in France last year- not the Smiths as I couldn't get the gas and attachments for it but one that was for sale as a complete package in France.
    It worked great until a week ago when it started playing up ( its under a year old) and I discovered I can't clean it out properly because of how its put together.
    So just bought a Smiths torch now and trying to sort out the EU attachments I need.
    But yes,agree 100% the Smiths appears to be far better put together.