Thread: a pendant this time!

Default a pendant this time!

So I thought I would try something that wasn't a ring today, it contains a 4mm mystic topaz and a 9mmx7mm pear white topaz. in sterling as usual, the pendant is 25mm long.
    its continuing with me practicing making and setting using claw/prong settings. I don't think I did terribly however I struggled with the small stone and the tight spaces involved, no stones where injured in the making of this pendant so I guess its a victory.
    I guess you lot are likely getting sick of my constant making threads, sorry...

so the challenges that I faced where forming a pear free hand (that was interesting) and trying to polish/file in between the settings, I'm not sure ive got it 100% but the spaces are quite small and I have nothing that will fit into them so what can be done. as before mentioned, the small stone was an adventure, I imagine there is easier ways of setting small stones.

well. I hope you guys like it.
    excuse my battered hand.

I've started work on this one big brother

Hi Sam!
    Great work.....a fairly easy improvement would be to align your top and bottom claw on the round stone. You have got the 9 & 3 o'clock great, but a slight tweak on the 12 and 6 with pliers and an extra gentle push with a pusher to ensure security will do the trick! You're doing great with these

Looks nice but still needs some cuts, keep going