Thread: my first ring redone.

Default my first ring redone.

so a little while ago I made an amber and sterling ring, I was very impressed with myself with how it turned out...
    looking back (even such a short while) at it I came to realise just what a mess it was so I decided to redo it. I managed to reuse the ring itself and just redid the setting. what do you guys think?
    was

now it is

I keep polishing it right up and then getting finger prints on it! damn shine lust!

Perfect example of how you can progress when you set your mind to it. Your fingers are healing too. Dennis.

its not usually for long dennis, I am a butcher by trade and a keen gardener so along with making these trinkets my hands get pretty battered. that said as a young lad I trained as an electrical and mechanical engineer, my hands are in far better condition these days so all in all, don't be concerned if my pictures show my poor digits to be a bit beaten up, as long as I don't take a thumb off (again) I usually just ignore them and get on with it.

Wow Sam, much improved, I really like that design

What a difference, its beautiful now.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Love the swirly bits!
    I like them too, though I liked your bar setting better? ( less likely to snag ) & abit different.
    Well done for progressing & improving your stuff.

I was thinking of the bar setting chris, that shall be my next endeavour!

I thought I had problems, mine is a sight problem, but when you have had two eyes all your life and then suddenly have one, distance vision goes out of the window and fingernails get sawed and filed for a pastime. Its a wonder you can still feel things if you have had surgery on your thumb, small gems are difficult to manhandle at the best of times.

Luckily it was my left hand and I'm right handed. My left hand is pretty well only good for holding tgings.