Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm promoting Agent44's 'Cookson Forum Members' Map!'

LOL maybe everyone has been marking where the would like to live instead of where they actually live... although... I think Nic might be living in a Canoe!

Night x

Aww I feel left out - I haven't been anywhere exotic on the map...now let's see....where would I like to be in two places at once?

Smile Today is the day to make your mark!

Hi everybody!!

Can you think of a better way to spend your Sunday afternoon than marking out your own little piece of territory on our Forum Map??

I know you have been trying to suppress the urge to do it all week...but today...well, today is the day you should just chill...give way to those little urges and just indulge yourself.

So fix that drink that you know will make you feel all mellow and content...

Sit yourself down...that's it....get really, REALLY, comfy and...... relax ......ahhhhh!!!

Now click that little mouse on this lovely relaxing blue coloured link.....

. http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum...55#post5009430.

...and join with the elite...in exotic climes....

....Now that wasn't TOO hard, was it?? ...and don't you feel REAL good!....

....now fix yourself another drink....or go and lay down.....you'll feel so much better in an hour or two!!

. Barbara.

Well, pardon me for being thick, but if someone could put down some detailed instructions, then perhaps the rest of us could succeed.

I've tried 3 times, and given up. Why would a web site give you the same description (place name) in three different spaces in the window. I mean, which one is the real one where you put the place name? Any why does mine never even get onto the UK? Usually I end up in the sea, not even in any interesting exotic place like the rest of you.

I know I'm a technophobe, but this is rediculous!

Cool The blind leading the blind!! How to put your flag on the map!!

OK Lindyloo...I am a confirmed technophobe too...It was Agent 44 that set the map up and she has $%**&£" off to Holland (I think) - so I am going to do my best to help you!! Heaven help you all!!

I've sent in an undercover map marker - Random Dude - and gone through the whole process again....and this is what I have discovered...from the beginning...

Click on the link. Register. Log out.
    Click on link again. Log in again.
    On the top banner of the Cooksons Forum Map (in the centre) Click on 'Add a Marker' box.
    In the box that appears on the left of the screen...
    -fill in the place (name) you want on the map - 'Random Dude' in my case....so who you are or your business name or both.
    -fill in address...the more specific you are the closer it gets..'High Street, Runcorn, Cheshire, UK'.
    Then click on the map of the UK...about where you want the marker to go. (If you need to zoom into it to see where you are putting it there is a 'slider' to zoom on the left of the box you are filling in. Or you could probably zoom into the UK map before you start - which would probably be more sensible!!)

A new blank flag appears on the map - hopefully in the right place! And a new info box appears on the left of the screen where you can chose an icon to go in the flag ....in this case a wild monster symbol
    and you can give more information about your place/business...in this case 'cooksons undercover map marker'.
    You can also upload photos and add your website address if you want. Click 'next' and all the info should now be attached to your marker flag on the map. Hover over it to check.

If you do anything wrong...scroll down the info box you have just filled in and click on Edit Map. This will then allow you to select and remove random flags from the Arctic Circle or Timbucktoo or whatever!!

This also applies to anyone who has already had a go during the week and got problems. The info box that appears when you log on to the map under the name you registered with has an Edit Map option at the bottom of the box (scroll down)

This is all I can remember doing....Give it another go!!

If all else fails - wait until Agent 44 gets back and we will mug her en masse (Is there a smilie for that I wonder!!)

Barbara .... With the help of Random Dude ... I don't know...The things I do for you lot!!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 02-08-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Thought Random Dude deserved some recognition for his help

Thank you Barbara. I've taken notes. Will try again. Wish me luck.

Signed,

Hopeless Technophobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindyloo View Post
    Thank you Barbara. I've taken notes. Will try again. Wish me luck.

Signed,

Hopeless Technophobe.
    Got everything crossed for you - go tame that beast!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Thank you Su, and thank you Barbara. I DID IT!!!!!!!!

YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

Talking Lindyloo is ON the map!!!

. WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
    Lindyloo is on the map folks...and by the look of it is just brewing up!! Excellent!!
    Well Done...
    see - It was easy wasn't it....
    and so fulfilling!!

Barbara

Well actually.... If I'm being honest, I had to get my husband to help me. He's the technofile.

There doesn't seem to be a smilie for 'hangs head in shame'