Quote Originally Posted by camalidesign View Post
I beg to differ, Dennis!! Whatever you do Wallace, do not bury your head in a book or anything else! There is nothing worse than a stall holder that looks completely un-interested in their customers! If you are not interested in your work, nobody else will be either... Always engage, or at least say hello with a smile etc. You can just say hello at first and then leave them to browse for a bit, if they linger offer to help or ask if they are looking for anything in particular. If there are no customers to be seen, take the opportunity to get to know your neighbouring stall holders, go for a quick loo break or get a drink etc. and ask them to cover, then offer to do the same for them.

I used to always take a chair to fairs, but I never used it so I stopped. I tend to feel a bit rude sitting down behind my display, again feels like I am not interested in my customers.

Carin
I was hoping to use the chair for putting some things on - when I teach, I never sit down and have hips not yet ready for replacements! lol Thank you Carin. I will do my best with my neighbours I am on table 25b - so that tells me there will be a few peeps about. Starting my day at 7am - I know it is going to be a long one.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
I will add one of my top tips Wallace - take food that can be eaten in very small bites. Nothing worse than being greeted by a trader with a mouth full of egg and cress sandwich - which can often lead to those Ermintrude moments. Nothing that requires hand wiping either (like crisps and nuts). Learned those ones the hard way.

It's worth making friends with a neighbouring stallie as soon as possible, just in case you need someone to spell you for five minutes for emergency loo breaks etc.
They are great points G - I think I will take my milk replacement meal in a ready made bottle. Need to get a flask too, will miss my cuppa! Ermintrude! lololol