Thread: Change And Change About.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Change And Change About.

As the resident jeweller so to speak, for family and friends, it falls to my lot to do repairs, remakes and deal with rejects. It keeps me on my toes.

This Dream Catcher necklace, made last year, just didn’t catch on. It was returned on the grounds that the back was scratchy, but I was already half hearted about the design.

The strung beads had been threaded onto an inner hoop, held in place by the friction of the knots. So rather than scrap it altogether, I suggested drilling a few more holes and suspending a pearl there instead.

This time I used 0.25 mm stretched stainless steel binding wire, the crossed threads, keeping the pearl more or less centred. The result is a bit of a compromise but as people say when they‘re not sure, ‘it’s different’.

Surprisingly, to my eye, it's looking good in use, because the wire becomes virtually invisible and the pearl appears to be floating. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pt Dream Catcher Necklace.jpg   pt Dream Catcher Converted.jpg   pt Dream Catcher Converted 2.jpg