lovely entries, and support pictures.

Of all the techniques I have learned so far, I think soldering is my favourite. Seconded by stone setting.. But going back to basics, on the settings. I have put together a some offcuts using sweat soldering and but joints. Texturing the flat wings using a brilliant Fretz Goldsmiths' hammer (that is a thing of beauty). This is a continuation of my wings stage.. will probably get over it after the festive season ahead!

I like when you cannot see the solder on a piece. In my earlier practice days, I have spent many an hour tidying up, before learning that less solder will work. Start with hard and go through to easy at the last stage. Hard solder pits the least and is great to work with. The wings are textured and there is only a polish on them, same with the connecting stem and stone mounts. Again I have had to scale back on setting of stone things due to on going numbness and tingling since trapping a nerve, but happy with the result.This almost seemed too easy to make as it all flowed (no pun intended) how I wanted it to go. Having the little smith torch has been such a bonus as it is so light weight, Cookies would benefit greatly from selling this wee beastie for sure.

So then, here is my piece. Good Luck on the entries everyone. Love everything posted, you are such an amazingly artistic load of peeps.

Attachment 5381