Since i have joined this forum I need to introduce myself. I live in the suburban outskirts of Brisbane, Australia. My major interests in jewelley making are casting. I have my own casting equipment including a kiln, vacuum casting machine and a wax injector. The primary focus of my work seeks to express our relationship with the natural environment. Hence much of my work particularly appeals to me involves incorporating natural materials such as seed pods and leaves into my wax patterns. Alternatively where the natural materials cannot be burnt out, I use RTV rubber molding and wax injection. More recently I have started to incorporate a range of other techniques such as resin, enameling and reticulation.

The attached photo is of most recent piece I have completed. I started with the idea of the tree of life which is a cultural meme across a range of societies. In my case I also incorporate a somewhat Japanese aesthetic by way of the conventions of bonsai. The pattern was built up in a wax wire frame using soft modelling wax which is a bit frustrating to use but does give an organic feel to a piece. This is actually my second casting out of at least patterns the rest of which were not worth casting. The first casting didn't work because I was not sufficiently focused while melting and pouring the metal. On the second attempt my meditation to the casting goddess was more effective.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misc 2 Nov 12 043.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	4021

I look forward to an engaging meeting of minds.

All the best

Jen