Thread: Ganoksin goes Pay-Per-View

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ganoksin goes Pay-Per-View

If anyone visits the Ganoksin Forum, they have gone pay-per-view today $4 per month and upwards. There is a link to apply for free membership for past mailing list users, but I've not received a response yet. Though I'm also not sure if they have migrated the forum to the new platform yet either, as it says due mid-Sept when you try to access it.

That's a great pity; it's been a resource I've used off and on since it was launched but in recent years the quality of the community content has been so atrocious that I stopped bothering with it. I had to unsubscribe from the list due to the signal to noise ratio. I can understand the need to monetise, but I wouldn't be surprised if that kills it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    ...due to the signal to noise ratio.
    Ditto, didn't take the feed, just visited as a resource as and when I needed. Though some of the threads were highly entertaining!

I also unsubbed a while ago. The 'change of ownership' was a very signal that a request for money was coming next. I've found a lot of the content useful over the years (if not always easy to read), and will miss it, but only a little.

Ah, is it no longer Hanuman's baby?