Thread: Gah! Warning: Contains moaning lol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Gah! Warning: Contains moaning lol

The house we were looking at in Hayle was let on Monday

We're having a bit of a tough time of it because alot of places refuse to deal with DSS people (my OH is on benefits because he is very sick and I am disabled but trying to work my way off into my own business).

However, despite all the stupidly rip off ways they will only let some places to DSS (A guarantor + Deposit (£900) + 6 months rent in advance + £150 application and another £35 application for something else... yeah because we have that being on incapacity benefits ) we have found some really nice places willing to consider us without all that palaver!

I don't get it though, they get paid direct from the Government every month... if I was working I could walk into the tenancy and give up my job and they'd not be guaranteed anything!!

We are definitely aiming to be down there somewhere BEFORE this Christmas but geez... they like to make it difficult for you, we don't WANT to be on benefits, I'm sure my OH really enjoyed giving up his tech job for his lung problems and a tenth of what he was earning eh?

Anyway apart from a bit of a moan above we're still looking and have seen two nice bungalows in Carbis Bay which are beautiful, overlook the sea and will do both myself and OH's health the power of good! I just hate it when honest, vulnerable benefits claimants get tarred with the bad ones... some of us are honest and upstanding but just in a bad position in life right now Grr!

Hopefully I will be able to get my business going down there selling to trinket shops and the like... or even looking into opening my own shop perhaps!

your quite right to have a moan.but i am sure you will get what your after don't lose heart
    all the best myke

aw, maid (sorry, local term) I feel for you

Its not right is it. Some folk seem to know how to play the system and get everything without a second glance whilst others, like you, don't want to play the system but get tarred with the same brush.

Can't say anything to make it go away other than: keep your chin up, keep looking, and it will all sort itself out. As for Carbis Bay - I will be green with envy!

Di x

Aww hun hugs hugs to you, it WILL happen i am sure it will, the right place will turn up and you will be in your dream home. Much love to you
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

A bit of better news tonight... a really lovely friend of ours has agreed to go guarantor for us so that's one important thing off the list!

All we have to do now is apply for the beautiful little Bungalow we've seen and hope they accept us as everything else (our friend works for Citizens Advice so knows how to get in touch with the right people) can be arranged while they are checking our references etc!

So hopefully we could be moving really soon

The whole benefits system is absolutely insane, my OH had his Incapacity benefits stopped last year because he was judged as being fit for work.

Now, not only did the woman who did his medical LIE on the forms but she lied so badly that all we had to do was visit our GP to get proof which we did in about three minutes flat. They then put it in for appeal which took 10 months to come through, meanwhile we were living on a reduced benefit (£88 / week for two people) while they messed us about. When the appeal sat, my OH was not long out of hospital after almost dying and they stopped the lady (our legal representitive) who went for him halfway through and asked her how on earth he got passed the first time!! They were appaled with the whole thing, overturned it and paid him all his back pay.

Disabled people are facing this every single day while there are people on the Costa del Sol earning £1000's of pounds while still claiming all kinds of sickness benefits all over the place... how on earth is that a fair system?

Anyway, we got through it despite the stress making my OH worse (and mine) and we're just getting out the other side now so we thought it was time to move as we've been on a home swapper thing for about two years now and... nothing!

So fingers crossed we MIGHT get this little bungalow in Carbis Bay (which overlooks the sea). The quiet of down there and the lack of stress of living in this hell-hole (London) will help my OH's health no end and hopefully help with my mental problems also which would be a huge boon! We currently live above some immigrants who are also in a 1 bedroomed tiiiiny flat but it doesn't stop them squeezing in 10 adults and 5 children along with the occasional teenager every other week and the noise they make is just awful... and they have rats... and they are rude... I could go on!

Our friend just earned free holidays for life for becoming our guarantor though

i got everything crossed for you hun its gotta be good this time
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away