Thread: Stone Setting

Default Stone Setting

Hello,

I'm just starting to try other stone setting techniques, having most experience in simple bezel setting. I have a few lovely gemstones, which are brilliant cut, and I'm wanting to set some on rings, and some for earrings, and perhaps one for a pendant. No idea really where to start...what is the best setting for a brilliant cut faceted gemstone? Is a bezel setting possible with these type of stones? Can anyone give me any ideas on the best method of stone setting, and any tutorials out there?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help!

Karolina

Hi Karolina - a great place to start is here: You tube soham harrison
    Clear, concise lessons and lots of interesting projects. Also it's free... then you can start buying books - John Cogswell Creative Stonesetting, amongst others. I bought my copy from Amazon at a very good price.

Good luck
    Theresa

Hi Karolina - I agree completely with Teresa. check out Soham and the creative stone setting book is ace. I have successfully flush set stones using just those sources
    Didi

Hi Karolina, and welcome to the forum. Have a look at this thread, where the subject was aired here: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...t=tube+setting. Dennis.