Thread: input please

Default input please

I'm generally quite shy about showing my stuff but I had a bit of a panic in order to make a present for a friend. Anyway I got the opportunity to use my new knew concept saw (great buy!, thanks Jill!). and made these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gentle-...7640386586286/

I haven't seen anything like them and my friend loved them because she loves dangly earrings, pearls, industrial textures and has thankfully over-looked the less than perfect wire-wrapping. Plus I made them and she loves me. But, would this be a design that is worth repeating? feedback appreciated and I have rhino skin and big girls' knickers, so can take criticism. Sorry about the crap photo quality, it really was a rush job!

Why not, Liz? They're fun to make and fun to wear and when you get tired of making this shape there are lots of variations. In the end, if you are making them to sell, it's the customers' response that will tell you what appeals most. Dennis

I really like them Liz. Definitely do them again.

Same here but I'm trying to get over it. You certainly should. After a previous thread I saw some of your Art Nouveau enamelling work - and think it is just amazing.

So glad you're pleased with the `knew concept' saw Liz, you've achieved better results than I ever did!

I have to say, being a lover of both silver and pearls, that those earrings are fab, the movement when worn must be fantastic,......great design!!......go with it

If it's any help, I've made something very similar to this sort of spiral from sheet, though usually in circles (I love the shape you've used), and a bit smaller, and they always seem to get a lot of interest.

Yes and me George, but mine were a lot thinner, sold as soon as they hit the table, so go for it, mine just had a bead on the end though.

They've got pearls, so what's not to like!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Wow, thank you all for the positive comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    So glad you're pleased with the `knew concept' saw Liz, you've achieved better results than I ever did!

I have to say, being a lover of both silver and pearls, that those earrings are fab, the movement when worn must be fantastic,......great design!!......go with it
    Ahhh I look at your pierced peacocks and stuff and feel nothing but envy and admiration. I was a bit worried that if you found it hard to use then it would be worse for me but I found it fairly easy to handle. the cuts could have been better, but apart from the slots I cut for my collars, this is the most fiddly thing I've pierced and because I was in dire haste I managed to do it in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    If it's any help, I've made something very similar to this sort of spiral from sheet, though usually in circles (I love the shape you've used), and a bit smaller, and they always seem to get a lot of interest.
    I was going to use circles but the silver sheet I had was set aside for another project so I rolled out some plectrums which had god really mangled at the assay office and used that shape. I'm not keen on the wires, they are a bit clunky and unimaginative and was thinking as I was making, if only I had had the forethought to have bought in some of yours it would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Yes and me George, but mine were a lot thinner, sold as soon as they hit the table, so go for it, mine just had a bead on the end though.
    you know, I googled spiral earrings and couldn't find anything like I wanted to make. It is so obvious but i was really surprised that I didn't find anything. I did have some spare sheet which I think is 0.5mm and thought about using that but worried it might be too thin. I suppose if it's work hardened it would work, but I didn't want to risk it as I lacked the time to remake.

I think they're lovely and I really like the idea. I initially thought I wouldn't wear them as i tend not to wear big earrings, but I felt I might make an exception in this case!
    Didi