Narrow Your Search
- Shop Home
- Arts and Crafts
- Base Metal
- Beads New!
- Boxes and Packaging
- Cast Rings
- Charm Beads
- Crystal Clay
- Display and Sundries
- Ecosilver New!
- FIMO Polymer Clay
- Finished Chain
- Finished Jewellery
- Gold and Silver Bars
- Grain and Casting Pieces
- Jewellery Making Kits
- Loose Chain
- Napkin Rings
- Precious Metal Clay
- Reflections Silver
- Stamped Signet Ring Blanks
- Strip Bezel and Gallery
- Jewellery Tools
- Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Unfinished Bangles
- Wedding Ring Blanks
- A-Z Products
- Quick Shop
Why Shop With Us?
Find us on Facebook
- Thank you for such amazing service. I ordered my beads yesterday and they arrived this morning, beautifully and professionally packaged and presented. I am so impressed with the speed and quality of your goods and services, that I would not hesitate to recommend you. A breath of fresh air!
- Top rate customer service team are always happy to advise on products. Fast, efficient deliveries with a website which is easy to negotiate and secure payment. Oh and lastly..... Fantastic range of supplies for making jewellery.
- I was recommended by a friend to try out Cookson gold, and so I did and what a great find it is too. I've now ordered twice in the space of three weeks, the items were even better than on the website. The delivery is exceptional, the packaging is more than adequate. Thank you Cookson gold, I am never going to buy from anywhere else!!
- Add your testimonial here
Vallorbe Saw Blades Grade 4/0, Bundle Of 12
Product Code : 972 080
Catalogue Page : 492
Vallorbe jewellers saw blades are high quality, Swiss made saw blades. They have straight, uniform, sharp teeth, and retain there flexibility. Vallorbe saw blades are made from the highest quality ... Read the full product description...
Vallorbe Saw Blades Grade 4/0, Bundle Of 12 - 972 080
Vallorbe jewellers saw blades are high quality, Swiss made saw blades. They have straight, uniform, sharp teeth, and retain there flexibility. Vallorbe saw blades are made from the highest quality steel, making them less likely to break whilst working. Vallorbe Saw blades are sold in bundles of 12 (one dozen). Blade thickness: 0.22mm Blade width: 0.44mm Blade Length: 13cm Teeth per cm: 26.5 Drill Size for piercing: 0.5mm Recommended for cutting metal: 0.5mm to 0.6mm thick. Helpful Hints for Saw Blades and Sawing : Check the tension of the saw blade before sawing, a loose blade will break easily and will not cut properly. Choose a saw blade fine enough to have at least two teeth within the thickness of the metal you are cutting. Use a finer blade when cutting curves than when cutting a straight line. Hold the saw frame in as vertical a position as possible and when sawing use long and even strokes. When sawing a circle or curve turn the metal to the saw instead of trying to saw around the material. Hold the saw frame lightly, the motion should come from the elbow not the wrist. For smooth cutting use a lubricant like Bees wax - 998 018 or Burr Life 998 021. Saw blades range from Size 4 = coarsest, to Size 8/0 = finest. Most commonly used size is 2/0 (medium). Sold in a bundle of 12 (1 dozen) 1-11 & 12+. what quantity they mean. Normally a packet will mean 1 gross which is 12 dozen or 12 bundles. It is not possible to sell 1 blade! Size 4 = coarsest, Size 8/0 = finest. Most commonly used size is 2/0 (medium!) Blade can be run through Beeswax before piercing to prevent 'sticking' - see 998 018. * * * * * * - SAW BLADE INFORMATION - No. Thickness Width Teeth Length mm mm per cm cm ---- --------- ----- ------ ------ 4 0.38 0.80 15 13 3 0.36 0.74 16 13 No. Thickness Width Teeth Length mm mm per cm cm ---- --------- ----- ------ ------ 2 0.34 0.70 17.5 13 1 0.30 0.63 19 13 0 0.28 0.58 20.5 13 2/0 0.26 0.52 22 13 3/0 0.24 0.48 23.5 13 4/0 0.22 0.44 26.5 13 5/0 0.20 0.40 28 13 6/0 0.18 0.35 32 13 8/0 13 Guide to size of blade required = approx. 2 1/2 teeth to the gauge of metal being pierced.
- We use fast and cost effective methods to ensure efficient and safe delivery of your order. We constantly review our carriers, and our delivery rates to ensure we offer a great delivery service at a competitive price.
- All our items are despatched by a network of carriers including Royal Mail, DHL, Secure Mail (now known as DX Group), TNT & Fed Ex.
- Our current despatch rate is 97% next day delivery, overseas orders are dispatched same day as receipt, but are dependant on courier delivery time, typically 2- 5 days (dependant on region).
- We will do our best to despatch your order the same day, however for guaranteed same day despatch order before 3.00pm.
How we calculate our postage costs
The postage charge will vary depending on the weight & value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
Our postage costs start from the following:*
- First class post- start from £2.20
- Recorded delivery- start from £2.95
- Next day delivery- cheapest starts from £5.25 with DHL
- Hazardous goods- starts from £11
*Please note that these prices are too used as a guide only and may vary due to the weight and value of your parcel.
Do you accept International Orders ?
Cooksongold.com welcomes orders from all over the world, and currently deals with customers in over 50 countries.
Our delivery methods to International countries include:
- Eire International (Irish International Registered Post)
- International Registered Post
- TNT International
International postage prices vary depending on the weight and value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
If you are looking to order hazardous goods, please note that some carriers will not take these. If you want to purchase hazardous goods, please email your query to email@example.com. We will then be able to advise if this item can be sent to your country.
Can I order on-line and collect from our counters ?
You can now click & collect from our Birmingham Jewellery Quarter counter or our Hatton Garden Counter.
- As you checkout simply select COLLECT in the delivery method box.
- On the subsequent screens, you will be asked to select which counter you want to collect from and a pick up time.
- The collection time is 2 hours from ordering if you are collecting from Hatton Garden or 1 hour collect time from Birmingham.
How do I return items?
Please return products to: The Returns Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59 - 83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ
Include a covering letter stating your account / invoice number, the reason why you are returning i.e. un-required and what action you need i.e. credit and we can organise that for you.
If you are returning an item and you request for another product, then please be aware that a credit will be raised on the returned product. A new order will then be raised for the new product. If you pay for your orders using a credit or debit card, then we will contact you for payment.
Please contact our sales office to help process your returned goods quickly and efficiently. Click here to e-mail our sales office.
Returned goods will be credited if returned in their original condition, with the original invoice and/ or a covering letter
Goods accepted for return will be credited at the price on the date of invoice.
Goods returned for credit that were correctly supplied, may be subject to a handling charge.
Goods that are cut to your requirements i.e. sheet, wire, chain, etc, may be subject to a handling charge.
Sorry, but we are unable to cover the cost of return postage except where items are faulty or have been sent in error.
Our on-line shop will highlight any out of stock items / part orders and provide you with three options. Simply choose one of these options as you checkout. The options are as follows:
- I want my items quickly, please deliver all available stock items now, and send the remainder when available (at an additional postage cost.)*
- Please group my items together and deliver all items on a nominate date (when all items are in stock)
- Deliver all available stock, but forget about the balance/out of stock items.
* Please be aware that any items left on back order will be subject to an additional postage cost.
|Teeth per cm:||26.5|
|Drill Size Piercing:||0.5mm|
|Gauge of Metal:||0.5 to 0.6mm|
Average Customer Review (2)
brilliant - 16 Feb 2010
by Erica Stahl
Great quality fine saw blades, if youre careful these blades will last you ages, making them great value too. 40 is a good grade for very fine piercing work.
10 out of 10 people found this review useful
the best quality you can buy - 11 May 2009
by chris boland
i use these for almost all my cutting. they can be used for all but the thickest and thinest metals. when buy 12 packs u get a fantastic discount.
9 out of 10 people found this review useful