Narrow Your Search
- Golden Ticket Sale New!
- Shop Home
- Arts and Crafts
- Base Metal
- Beads New!
- Boxes and Packaging
- Cast Rings
- Charm Beads
- Crystal Clay
- Display and Sundries
- Ecosilver New!
- FIMO Polymer Clay
- Finished Chain
- Finished Jewellery
- Gold and Silver Bars
- Grain and Casting Pieces
- Jewellery Making Kits
- Loose Chain
- Napkin Rings
- Precious Metal Clay
- Reflections Silver
- Stamped Signet Ring Blanks
- Strip Bezel and Gallery
- Jewellery Tools
- Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Unfinished Bangles
- Wedding Ring Blanks
- A-Z Products
- Quick Shop
Why Shop With Us?
Find us on Facebook
- Top rate customer service team are always happy to advise on products. Fast, efficient deliveries with a website which is easy to negotiate and secure payment. Oh and lastly..... Fantastic range of supplies for making jewellery.
- I was recommended by a friend to try out Cookson gold, and so I did and what a great find it is too. I've now ordered twice in the space of three weeks, the items were even better than on the website. The delivery is exceptional, the packaging is more than adequate. Thank you Cookson gold, I am never going to buy from anywhere else!!
- Great service and much cheaper than in the shops. Got all of my order within 2 days. Chain much heavier than expected. Will be back
- Add your testimonial here
Flat Stake - 8cmx 8cm
Product Code : 999 791
Catalogue Page : 503
Was : £15.60
Save : £2.34
Now : £13.26
Also known as a 'Flat Plate' or 'Bench Block'. Made from steel, this is a general purpose tool. Examples of it's use are; to use with a mallet/hammer to flatten sheet or to act as a hard plate against w... Read the full product description...
Flat Stake - 8cmx 8cm - 999 791
Also known as a 'Flat Plate' or 'Bench Block'. Made from steel, this is a general purpose tool. Examples of it's use are; to use with a mallet/hammer to flatten sheet or to act as a hard plate against which a piece of metal may be punched and therefore supported at the rear. The surface should be kept clean and polished, as any marks will be transferred to the metal's surface. Other sizes available: 5 x 5cm 999 793 6 x 6cm 999 794 10 x 10cm 999 795 13 x 13cm 999 796 6" x 3" 999 792
- We use fast and cost effective methods to ensure efficient and safe delivery of your order. We constantly review our carriers, and our delivery rates to ensure we offer a great delivery service at a competitive price.
- All our items are despatched by a network of carriers including Royal Mail, DHL, Secure Mail (now known as DX Group), TNT & Fed Ex.
- Our current despatch rate is 97% next day delivery, overseas orders are dispatched same day as receipt, but are dependant on courier delivery time, typically 2- 5 days (dependant on region).
- We will do our best to despatch your order the same day, however for guaranteed same day despatch order before 3.00pm.
How we calculate our postage costs
The postage charge will vary depending on the weight & value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
Our postage costs start from the following:*
- First class post- start from £2.20
- Recorded delivery- start from £2.95
- Next day delivery- cheapest starts from £5.25 with DHL
- Hazardous goods- starts from £11
*Please note that these prices are too used as a guide only and may vary due to the weight and value of your parcel.
Do you accept International Orders ?
Cooksongold.com welcomes orders from all over the world, and currently deals with customers in over 50 countries.
Our delivery methods to International countries include:
- Eire International (Irish International Registered Post)
- International Registered Post
- TNT International
International postage prices vary depending on the weight and value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
If you are looking to order hazardous goods, please note that some carriers will not take these. If you want to purchase hazardous goods, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then be able to advise if this item can be sent to your country.
Can I order on-line and collect from our counters ?
You can now click & collect from our Birmingham Jewellery Quarter counter or our Hatton Garden Counter.
- As you checkout simply select COLLECT in the delivery method box.
- On the subsequent screens, you will be asked to select which counter you want to collect from and a pick up time.
- The collection time is 2 hours from ordering if you are collecting from Hatton Garden or 1 hour collect time from Birmingham.
How do I return items?
Please return products to: The Returns Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59 - 83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ
Include a covering letter stating your account / invoice number, the reason why you are returning i.e. un-required and what action you need i.e. credit and we can organise that for you.
If you are returning an item and you request for another product, then please be aware that a credit will be raised on the returned product. A new order will then be raised for the new product. If you pay for your orders using a credit or debit card, then we will contact you for payment.
Please contact our sales office to help process your returned goods quickly and efficiently. Click here to e-mail our sales office.
Returned goods will be credited if returned in their original condition, with the original invoice and/ or a covering letter
Goods accepted for return will be credited at the price on the date of invoice.
Goods returned for credit that were correctly supplied, may be subject to a handling charge.
Goods that are cut to your requirements i.e. sheet, wire, chain, etc, may be subject to a handling charge.
Sorry, but we are unable to cover the cost of return postage except where items are faulty or have been sent in error.
Our on-line shop will highlight any out of stock items / part orders and provide you with three options. Simply choose one of these options as you checkout. The options are as follows:
- I want my items quickly, please deliver all available stock items now, and send the remainder when available (at an additional postage cost.)*
- Please group my items together and deliver all items on a nominate date (when all items are in stock)
- Deliver all available stock, but forget about the balance/out of stock items.
* Please be aware that any items left on back order will be subject to an additional postage cost.
very handy - 9 Nov 2010
by Ian Harding
Ive bought two of these and they are very good for my present need, which is to keep my blanking die in good shape while I stamp out parts. However, there are some points worth knowing if you have other uses planned. First, there is only one rounded edge on one of the long edges radiused to a little over 2mm all the 11 other edges are sharp but not enough to cut skin. The finish is very flat to the touch but is not a mirror finish to the eye however, no marks transfer onto silver, so this is adequate. The dimensions of 8 cm x 8 cm are to the nearest 0.5 mm and the thickness is a little over 19 mm. The steel is hard but not as hard as a triblet, so the edges may take dents if abused. Overall Im pleased with them.
8 out of 9 people found this review useful
Nice piece of kit - 5 Mar 2010
by Fiona Wilson
I thought I could make do with the flat bit on top of my combined bench peg for hammering but it transferred loads of marks onto the silver. This flat stake is really smooth with a rounded off side for those tough shaped pieces that may get marked by the hard angled edges of the rest of the block. As a note, this item comes with an oily coating so dont be alarmed Keep the stake oiled in between using to ensure a rust free long life.
28 out of 28 people found this review useful