Narrow Your Search
- Golden Ticket Sale New!
- Shop Home
- Arts and Crafts
- Base Metal
- Beads New!
- Boxes and Packaging
- Cast Rings
- Charm Beads
- Crystal Clay
- Display and Sundries
- Ecosilver New!
- FIMO Polymer Clay
- Finished Chain
- Finished Jewellery
- Gold and Silver Bars
- Grain and Casting Pieces
- Jewellery Making Kits
- Loose Chain
- Napkin Rings
- Precious Metal Clay
- Reflections Silver
- Stamped Signet Ring Blanks
- Strip Bezel and Gallery
- Jewellery Tools
- Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Unfinished Bangles
- Wedding Ring Blanks
- A-Z Products
- Quick Shop
Why Shop With Us?
Find us on Facebook
- Thank you for such amazing service. I ordered my beads yesterday and they arrived this morning, beautifully and professionally packaged and presented. I am so impressed with the speed and quality of your goods and services, that I would not hesitate to recommend you. A breath of fresh air!
- Top rate customer service team are always happy to advise on products. Fast, efficient deliveries with a website which is easy to negotiate and secure payment. Oh and lastly..... Fantastic range of supplies for making jewellery.
- I was recommended by a friend to try out Cookson gold, and so I did and what a great find it is too. I've now ordered twice in the space of three weeks, the items were even better than on the website. The delivery is exceptional, the packaging is more than adequate. Thank you Cookson gold, I am never going to buy from anywhere else!!
- Add your testimonial here
Evans Single Barrelling Unit Including One Rubber Lidded Barrel
Product Code : 999 001
Catalogue Page : 552
Single barrelling unit, including one rubber lidded barrel. Internal height 110mm. Diameter 105mm. ... Read the full product description...
Evans Single Barrelling Unit Including One Rubber Lidded Barrel - 999 001
Single barrelling unit, including one rubber lidded barrel. Internal height 110mm. Diameter 105mm. Capacity guide: 1kg of shot, to 300-500g jewellery. The shaft that the barrel sit on should be oiled frequently. When 1kg of shot is used there should be enough water to cover the shot, after this has been done 1 table spoon of barrel brite is to be added
- We use fast and cost effective methods to ensure efficient and safe delivery of your order. We constantly review our carriers, and our delivery rates to ensure we offer a great delivery service at a competitive price.
- All our items are despatched by a network of carriers including Royal Mail, DHL, Secure Mail (now known as DX Group), TNT & Fed Ex.
- Our current despatch rate is 97% next day delivery, overseas orders are dispatched same day as receipt, but are dependant on courier delivery time, typically 2- 5 days (dependant on region).
- We will do our best to despatch your order the same day, however for guaranteed same day despatch order before 3.00pm.
How we calculate our postage costs
The postage charge will vary depending on the weight & value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
Our postage costs start from the following:*
- First class post- start from £2.20
- Recorded delivery- start from £2.95
- Next day delivery- cheapest starts from £5.25 with DHL
- Hazardous goods- starts from £11
*Please note that these prices are too used as a guide only and may vary due to the weight and value of your parcel.
Do you accept International Orders ?
Cooksongold.com welcomes orders from all over the world, and currently deals with customers in over 50 countries.
Our delivery methods to International countries include:
- Eire International (Irish International Registered Post)
- International Registered Post
- TNT International
International postage prices vary depending on the weight and value of your goods, our online shopping basket always clearly displays the relevant postage options and postage costs for your basket.
If you are looking to order hazardous goods, please note that some carriers will not take these. If you want to purchase hazardous goods, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then be able to advise if this item can be sent to your country.
Can I order on-line and collect from our counters ?
You can now click & collect from our Birmingham Jewellery Quarter counter or our Hatton Garden Counter.
- As you checkout simply select COLLECT in the delivery method box.
- On the subsequent screens, you will be asked to select which counter you want to collect from and a pick up time.
- The collection time is 2 hours from ordering if you are collecting from Hatton Garden or 1 hour collect time from Birmingham.
How do I return items?
Please return products to: The Returns Department, Cookson Precious Metals, 59 - 83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ
Include a covering letter stating your account / invoice number, the reason why you are returning i.e. un-required and what action you need i.e. credit and we can organise that for you.
If you are returning an item and you request for another product, then please be aware that a credit will be raised on the returned product. A new order will then be raised for the new product. If you pay for your orders using a credit or debit card, then we will contact you for payment.
Please contact our sales office to help process your returned goods quickly and efficiently. Click here to e-mail our sales office.
Returned goods will be credited if returned in their original condition, with the original invoice and/ or a covering letter
Goods accepted for return will be credited at the price on the date of invoice.
Goods returned for credit that were correctly supplied, may be subject to a handling charge.
Goods that are cut to your requirements i.e. sheet, wire, chain, etc, may be subject to a handling charge.
Sorry, but we are unable to cover the cost of return postage except where items are faulty or have been sent in error.
Our on-line shop will highlight any out of stock items / part orders and provide you with three options. Simply choose one of these options as you checkout. The options are as follows:
- I want my items quickly, please deliver all available stock items now, and send the remainder when available (at an additional postage cost.)*
- Please group my items together and deliver all items on a nominate date (when all items are in stock)
- Deliver all available stock, but forget about the balance/out of stock items.
* Please be aware that any items left on back order will be subject to an additional postage cost.
Wish you could chose which barrel - 1 Apr 2012
When I bought my mine it came with barrel 999 004 and its a fiddle to open and close. When the college bought theirs it came with this barrel 999 004. its much easier to open and close and at first I was quite envious that is until it had been used for some time. Their barrel lost its seal, and leaked. The college has purchased several new lids and at least one new barrel. Ive still got my original barrel and it does not leak and its older than their orginal barrel.
1 out of 3 people found this review useful
Great time and work saver - 28 Dec 2010
by Graham C
I use mine with stainless steel mixed shot and a couple teaspoons of barrel brite. 2 Hours is probably the minimum time to get a useful result. Shines small tricky-to-hand-polish items like earwires and chains, probably better than you could manage by hand in a reasonable amount of time. I have used this to buff away surface copper deposits left after soldering 9ct, rather than having a longerstronger pickle time. My only gripe is the lack of an ONOFF switch, requiring unplugging the unit when not in use.
56 out of 56 people found this review useful
- 23 Aug 2008
by jacqueline bell
this barrelling unit will save you loads of time We have purchased one for our jewellery class and everyone loves it as it saves hours of polishing and gives a great finish. We also purchased the mixed metal shot and barreling compound and I am amazed at how many small areas can be reached and polished.We use it for gold and silver-I would recommend this product to anyone who finds polishing tedious. Wash any tripoli and rouge away before putting pieces into the barrel -this saves the barrelling solution from becoming muddy.
129 out of 131 people found this review useful
tumble and go - 12 Aug 2008
I use this to clean up my bigger chains, ear-wires, small pendants, rings etc. Not suitable for fine chains or soft designs, opals or similar gems as you need to tumble for at least 6 hrs to achieve any positive results. Galley Soap is a great companion to this along with some good steel shot. Filled half way, put your items in and let the tumble do the rest. The tumble is gentle and results are great if you plan ahead and dont want immediate results. This gives the best shine and lustre to Fine Silver - mine has never let me down and with the occasional oiling, will give me many years more - worth every penny.
146 out of 146 people found this review useful